Red Bull air race champion pilot
How do they work?
1. Simply plug in the EQ link to the standard aviation sockets in the aircraft. ( just like you would with a standard headset)
2. Press the button on the headset to turn it on.
3. When the aircraft's intercom is switched on, the EQ link will detect it, and turn on automatically - then the headset will start to transmit to the link- That's it!
Matt Hall :
"I tried the EQ1 Wireless Headset in my aerobatic Giles aircraft when training back home in Australia.
My first impressions prior to engine start where that they could not possibly work as they were so light and had nothing attached to them...it seemed as though I was not wearing a headset, more a pair of earmuffs. To my surprise, the noise cancelling aspect was just as good as I have experienced, as too the quality of communications within the cockpit and on the radio. Best of all, was the freedom of movement while conducting high Gs ...light weight and no chords...it felt like I was doing aerobatics with just a cap on!
On the safety side of things, it has great potential for aerobatics, as there are no chords flying around the cockpit during the manoeuvres, which eliminates any chance of fouling the stick. Likewise, in the unfortunate case of a bailout, there is no risk at all of becoming fouled with the headset / cables, as you can just jump without the worry of still having your head attached to the cockpit!"
With Today's technology - everything is wireless.
The main problem with an aviation headset is the cable.
Cables are old technology -
They are easy to break - limit movement - get tangled - and are dangerous in the event of an accident. ( who has seen pilots or passengers get out of the aircraft with the headset still attached?)
Wireless technology used in the EQ wireless system is cutting edge, with advanced software to make the transmission stable and clear.
You will never get scratchy radio calls, or bad connections as all the pesky wires from the headset is eliminated.
You have full digital ANR, making audio terrific and much easier to hear incoming calls from ATC and other aircraft.
With the unique quiet cockpit technology- your transmissions are much clearer, as cabin and engine noise is eliminated, by stopping the bad noise from going down the mic when the transmission is made.
No batteries to change!
WHATs included in the EQ1-Headset system?
The EQ1-Headset system package includes-
- 1x EQ1 wireless headset .
This has its own built in battery and never needs to be removed for charging.
- 1 High Quality, padded headset bag
This headset bag, has plenty of pockets to store charts, Nav gear, a torch, plus most items needed for a local flight or short Nav. (these items are not included)
Twin plug GA
Single 6 pin Lemo panel power
Plug Adapter are also available - to convert any of these plugs to another type
(check in cross selling items)
- Two place multi voltage international USB wall charger with USB cables
The headset and Links use standard USB, not proprietary cables or connection, so if you lose your
cables, any standard USB charge cable will work.
The cables are in a handy self winding mechanism to avoid tangles when stowed.
Accessories (go to cross selling tab for info and purchase)
EQ1 Bluetooth Cell Phone Interface - connectivity for music or phone via bluetooth
300000mAH Aux battery backup. - In case you havent got a usb charge in the aircraft and forget to charge your headset before flight.
The headset does have an audible warning system, whenever you
turn on - turn off or when there is only 5 hours remaining
Adapter cables - if you have a link with different plugs and want to use it it a different aircraft with U174, panel power/lemo or GA sockets
GA - U174 Pa75
U174- GA PA76
Panel Power to GA
EXTRA EQ1 headsets - Add on for passengers or single socket comms
EQlink reverse - For other brands of headset to use a link to talk with another EQ headset or Link system.
Ear-seals- replacements for old ear-seals
Mic Muffs - covers for the microphone. Large are available plus Leather protectors for high noise open cockpit
All these are optional accessories - check in the cross selling options as well as
|The EQ1 story
The first test flight of the new EQ1 wireless comms was carried out successfully on 20th July 2008, This flight, to the best of our knowledge, is the first completely wireless, full duplex ANR pilot-passenger communication including VHF radio transmission in flight, in aviation history.
With today's wireless technology, as someone pointed out to me, "the occasion was well overdue."
To achieve this milestone has been a battle of complexity and technology in a generally uncharted field.
Over 31 years of experience in designing RF components and systems for both business and military situations was employed and approximately 3 years of development have gone into the invention and manufacture of a completely wireless communications system.
What this all means to you as a pilot, is that your radio/communications and headset installation has become very simple.
The ability to move in and out of the cockpit without catching wires on controls or projections has been solved completely.
Your comfort level is superb and the quality of your reception and transmissions is now outstanding
plug 'n' play
The EQ-Linkis essentially an aircraft headset jack adaptor that allows the use of our wireless ANR headset to be used in any aircraft that in the aircraft's headset jacks. General Aviation, Helicopter or panel power )
Simply plug in the EQ-Link and you can enjoy all the superb features only found in the EQ1 headsets ANR headset---- all without cables.
Just think of it like WIFI. You have a wifi at home? Similar operation.
Your headset just links via its own secure strong frequency to the EQ LINK
The one EQ1-Link can be used in conjunction with up to 4 other EQ1 Headsets in the one aircraft. No need for extensions or more cable or jacks.
For Tourist operators, we also have the EQ1 listen only headset with EQ Hub.
This allows a pilot or guide to provide commentary for passengers, without them being able to talk back. Listen only. (email us for details and a quote)
The EQ-Link / EQ1 headset combination can be used while any other brand of wired headset is being used.
There are no impedance issues, so the EQ system can be used with Military, Low and High impedance comms.
It can be used with UHF radios.( with the correct adapter)
The EQ system has FCC and CE compliance
For the more inquisitive and technical of you here are some of the extra features that are built in. Most of which are at work in the background making life easier for the user.
- The EQ1 is a full duplex digital wireless system designed from the ground up using over 20 years military RF design technology experience.
- The EQ-Link/ EQ1 headset combination can be used in conjunction with up to 4 other EQ-Link / EQ1 Headset combinations in the one aircraft.
- USB or 12v (5v-18v) charging capability
- Cell phone interface via Bluetooth and yes we do have side tone at all times
- High quality microphone using digital processing to reduce background noise.
- Unique 'Clean Cockpit' processes unwanted cockpit nose from the microphone.
- System is designed to interface correctly for each radio manufacturers idiosyncrasies. (EQ1 comms)
- Incorporates 4 microphones and uses active noise reduction (ANR) technology for extreme noise aircraft.
- Adaptive frequency hopping technology at 2.4GHz. (NOT blue tooth)
- Voice is digitized and compressed before being sent across the RF interface.
- The system uses TDMA protocol like GSM phones to achieve multi-channel full duplex operation.
- VOX system is adjustable by user to adapt to personal environment
- 'SOFTVOX' enabled to allow for short gaps in voice data. (no clipped words)
- 'VOX MIC' protocol used to remove non speaking party from radio transmissions
- The system also has full voice synthesis capability and can 'speak' many different messages and control information; all configurations are done this way (voice prompting). This can be expandable to a choice of languages.
- Long life (23hr) NiMh rechargeable battery including voice announced capacity and several low battery warnings.
- Auto off function-- headsets will turn off automatically after end of flight.
- No wires to tangle or break. Simple & easy to install
- Emergency power back up for continual operation
- Built in battery charger or 240v mains and 12v car chargers with voice announced percentage of charge
- Can be charged from the aircraft with auto off when charged.
- Wall charger will charge to full then trickle charge indefinitely- this means never having a flat battery after a long break from flying.
- Headsets can be used independently , so they will communicate with each other, with no intercom.